9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Leveraging Lean Innovation and Start-Up Thinking for Organisational Process TransformationNorbert Majerus, Lean Champion | Book Author & Shingo Prize Winner, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Although lean has found widespread application in manufacturing and services, there has been very few sustained implementations in R&D and even lesser in the innovation creation process. Lean start-up thinking has energised the area of computer applications but the manufacturing innovation lacks behind.
The resistance to lean and innovation is unfortunate. Benefits of applying lean principles to innovation or R&D (even at the fuzzy front end of the innovation cycle) can be much higher than what has been accomplished in traditional applications, such as manufacturing and services. These include higher agility, more successful new products, better delivery and much higher speed to market.
- Understanding why innovation and transformation is important in all industries, services and processes
- Lean principles and lean start-up methodology that takes an idea to a successful product
- Step-by-step approach to successful generation and quick assessment of ideas for innovation – The Reversed Funnel concept, TRIZ and SCAMPER, Innovation Cycle etc
- The Math of innovation: De-risking a project or innovation accounting
- Fast is better than slow: How organisations can implement a fast project delivery without compromising on results
- Successful use of minimum viable products
- Key metrics on how to best assess the effectiveness of your innovation
- Engaging the people in the transformation with tools (e.g. voice of employee)
- Key considerations and pitfalls to avoid in lean innovation
- Case studies from Goodyear and other companies in successful implementation of lean innovation and start-up thinking
- Hands-on exercises and simulations to explain lean innovation concepts of quick learning cycles (e.g. agile, scrum), minimum viable products, collaboration for best possible outcome, determining customer value etc
Norbert MajerusLean Champion | Book Author & Shingo Prize Winner, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company